Happy Holidays and Thank You from the Council
"Thank you consists of just eight letters that form two of the most meaningful words in the English vocabulary." - Deborah Norville
I like this quote because it expresses how meaningful gratitude is. I want you to know of our deep appreciation to our donors, our volunteers, our board of directors, our clients, and our staff. At this time of year, I am indeed grateful for the successes we’ve had in 2015, which could not have been accomplished without you.
A few of these achievements include:
- Our work to inform legislators of the challenges of those who are blind or visually impaired including accommodations for service animals, transportation and the Business Enterprise program.
- Our presence in many communities around the state through client services such as vision rehabilitation and low vision evaluations, presentations at various health or senior fairs and speeches at service clubs or retirement communities.
- Our public education has been a major focus in 2015.
- Our scholarships to 10 post secondary students who are blind or visually impaired.
- Our four webinars with topics such as gardening, phones, veterans programs for blind vets and adaptive products.
- Our social media engagement on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and our blog, Outlook From Here.
- Our donations including the White Cane Appeal, the BIG Share, Dining in the Dark, online auction, and generous bequests.
- Our strong governance and management infrastructure.
Because of you, we have impacted many people in Wisconsin. As we approach our holidays at this time of year, I give thanks and wish you peace and happiness in the spirit of the season.
- Executive Director Loretta Himmelsbach