Why leave a legacy or bequest to the Wisconsin Council of the Blind & Visually Impaired?
Estate planning that includes bequests or legacy gifts provides crucial long-term funding that allows the Council to plan for the future and increase our impact. A legacy gift means your gift priorities during your lifetime continue after your death. We understand that leaving a legacy or bequest is an amazing act of commitment and that we have a big responsibility to the people who chose to support our work in this way. We take it very seriously.
By remembering the Council in your will, you can play a significant role in helping the next generation who will face vision challenges live with dignity and independence because we will be there to provide resources when they turn to us.
What does a Legacy gift provide?
• Rehabilitation trainers and teachers to help those with changing vision live full productive lives.
• Information and referral services connecting those who need it – quickly.
• Products through the Sharper Vision Store to remain independent.
• Ongoing advocacy so that the rights and needs of the blind & visually impaired are represented.
• Educators to bring the word about the Council and other services to people across the state.
Recent changes in tax and estate laws make it essential that you indicate your priorities in a will and work out the best vehicles to do that with a planner.
Here are some ways you may wish to participate:
• Bequest in your will
• Designation of the Council as a beneficiary in your life insurance, IRA, annuity or other retirement plan
• Stock gift
• One of the many options is to continue to provide for heirs and still leave a charitable gift.
These options need to be discussed with your financial planner or attorney.
Potential wording for a Council bequest is:
“I hereby give, devise and bequeath to the Wisconsin Council of the Blind & Visually Impaired, Inc., a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit, located at 754 Williamson Street, Madison, WI, with tax number 39-0977746 the sum of $ __________ (or _______ % of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate) for its general purposes (or describe a specific purpose).”
If you have questions about planned gifts or any other donation issues, please contact:
Fund Development Director
608-237-8114 or email@example.com
“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” -Winston Churchill