Dear Scholarship Applicant,
The Wisconsin Council of the Blind & Visually Impaired is pleased that you are interested in applying for one of our annual scholarships. Thanks to generous gifts from Steve Johnson, Stan and Mary Nelson, and the Priess family, we will offer ten scholarships of $2,000 each this year to qualified students.
The scholarship application includes these components. More information on these will follow later in this online application:
- Application and essay prompts
- Photo release
- Supplemental materials
- Verification of Vision Impairment Form
- Verification of Wisconsin residency (Request for Wisconsin identification card or other proof of residency)
- Request for 2 letters of recommendation
- Request for current school transcript
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Complete application and supporting materials submitted by Friday, March 15, 2024
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (4.0 scale)
- Wisconsin resident
- Blind, legally blind or visually impaired
- Accepted into a postsecondary institution: vocational, technical or community college, university (undergraduate or graduate level), or the Business Enterprise Program
- Be considered a full-time student.
Instructions for submitting application:
- Please use this online application form to submit your contact information, application questions, and essay responses.
- Supporting materials can either be uploaded using this form or emailed to Scholarships@WCBlind.org.
- If you experience difficulty completing this online application, please contact us to request a Microsoft Word version.
- All new applicants must submit verification of vision impairment and proof of residency. If you’ve applied for a scholarship in the past, it is your responsibility to verify that we have copies of your verification of vision impairment and proof of residency on file. You may contact Kathleen Callen at 608-237-8120 or Scholarships@WCBlind.org.
We are excited to review your application and wish you the best of luck in the process.
Wisconsin Council of the Blind and Visually Impaired