Main Menu

As you ponder how to use the required minimum distribution from your IRA, consider giving a portion of it as a charitable contribution.

If you are at least 70½ years old, you have the opportunity to roll over up to $100,000 from your IRA to a qualifying charity. The gift must be made directly to the charity to receive the tax benefits.   


At the Council, your gift could be used to extend our educational offerings throughout the state to individuals learning to live with vision loss. The contribution could also be used to provide one-on-one vision rehabilitation or low vision evaluations.


Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to the Wisconsin Council of the Blind & Visually Impaired. Your contribution will be directly transferred to the Council to begin making a difference!