Council volunteer Joe Hodgson
National Volunteer Appreciation Week is April 19-25. The Council values all of the things volunteers do to support its mission.
Council volunteer Carol Doolin
In 2019, 30 volunteers gave a total of 1,406 hours of service. Those hours are valued at $35,755. Here is just a short list of some of the ways in which volunteers contribute to the Council’s work:
- Read publications, such as On Sight, to create audio formats
- Data entry
- Greet guests at events
- Digitize the Council archives
- Create braille, large print and audio product information tags for the Sharper Vision Store
- Record audio files of product instructions
- Lead Birding by Ear workshops
Council volunteer Peter Kaufman
Thank you to all of the wonderful people who give of their time and talent. You are appreciated.