The Wisconsin Council of the Blind & Visually Impaired is seeking applicants for our board of directors. Three-year terms begin in January 2022.
Our board provides vital strategic, governance and fiduciary leadership in carrying out our mission to promote the dignity and empowerment of people living with vision loss throughout the state.
Board responsibilities include:
- Attending all meetings of the board on a quarterly basis, an annual retreat and any special sessions. Meetings are held in Madison at the Council’s offices.
- Serving and participating on at least one committee or workgroup. Meetings are typically virtual.
- Fostering relationships to promote the Council and to grow our donor base.
- Reaching out to your own elected officials to build relationship and promote the Council’s advocacy priorities.
- Making an annual financial contribution, within your means, to the Council.
- Engaging in ongoing learning to build leadership skills that support the success of the board.
The Council places significant value on diversity, knowing that multiple life experiences and perspectives lead to better leadership.
We are seeking candidates who represent:
- Diverse areas of the state, particularly the northern, northeastern and southwestern regions, including our rural communities.
- Racially and ethnically diverse communities.
- Those newer to vision loss, those who are fully sighted and people who have lived with vision loss for a long time.
- The span of ages from younger adult to elder and across all forms of gender expression.
Apply online through our Google form. MS Word applications are also available upon request. Applications are due September 1. To learn more or if you have questions, please reach out to Denise Jess, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-255-1166.