Rose Fortney’s alcohol ink works will be on display virtually this year, along with art from 12 other artists who are blind or visually impaired.
The Council’s Gallery Night event will be held online Friday, October 2, from 6-7:30 p.m. The event will stream live on the . Grab some snacks and settle in at your computer to listen to artist talks from the dozen participating artists and music from musician, singer and songwriter, Ken Lonnquist.
All artwork is created by Wisconsin artists who are blind or visually impaired. Gallery Night Artists range in age and media used, and include:
- Julie Chumas: Paint; Eau Claire
- Deb Clair: Acrylic; Madison
- Ellen Connor: Photography; Oregon
- Caden Drier: Smashed glass; Fall Creek
- Rosemarie Fortney: Alcohol inks; Milwaukee
- Alison Fortney: Photography; Milwaukee
- Duncan Hamilton: Oil pastel; Verona
- Isabel Kinerk: Digital illustration; Fontana
- Jeannie Nylander: Ceramic; La Crosse
- Eli Santin: Sketches and animated video; Madison
- Jill Smith: Charcoal on paper; Appleton
- Nikki Wolf: Photography; Janesville
- Donna Miller: Paint; Madison
- Ken Lonnquist: Musician/songwriter; Madison
after October 2 to access the virtual event and exhibit. The virtual exhibit will be available on WCBlind.org through mid-November. The artwork will be audio described. Find a piece of art you love? You can purchase artwork and 20 percent of each purchase is donated to the Council, with 80 percent going to the artist.